Thursday, June 28, 2007

Seller Profile: Sara Lombard of LillyQueen

This is the first of a series of Seller Profiles that will be featured here on the NEST! Many thanks to Sara, for her interest and responses.

Name: Sara Lombard

Location: Trumbull, CT

Shop Name: Lilly Queen


NEST: How did you hear about Etsy?

I found Etsy one night while surfing the pages of Craftster. I was always a crafty person ever since I was young and I used the Internet to get inspiration and ideas for craft projects that I could do. At the time I was making jewelry in my spare time and I posted a few photos of them on Craftster to get some feedback, lots of people commented on how much they liked them and asked me if I sold online, I said no, and emails about joining Etsy began pouring in.



NEST: What do you make? How did you learn to do it?

I make jewelry, I know it's a common thing, but we all have our special touch to making pieces. I started off with very basic pieces and now I'm beginning to pull apart vintage jewelry to remake them into new modern pieces. I think this touch of old really gives each piece a unique personality. I learned on my own, from books, and looking at looks of websites online, and also a lot of trial and error.



NEST: Something, a tip? Motto?, you've learned about your craft, selling online or at fairs you'd like to share with the world.

Don't give up! There are so many people out there, so many styles, so many likes and dislikes, you are bound to find someone who loves something you make just as much as you love making it. Don't get discouraged if something doesn't sell there is always another person around the corner.


NEST: What's the difference between Art & Craft? Which are you?

Art is something unique, something special, something that comes from that creative core in you; art is one of a kind and cannot be learned. A craft, to me, is something that can be learned, something that everyone can do, something which has directions, cut and paste and ta-dah it's done. I consider my jewelry art.


NEST: Favorite midnight snack?

Oreo cookies & Milk


NEST: What is the best thing about Etsy?

The community, the fact that we all can come together and share a part of us. I love being able to look at everyone's pieces and see the uniqueness in everything. There is so much talent that I wish more people would appreciate handmade goods instead of mass produced pieces.

1 comment:

Lilly Queen said...

Thank you for interviewing me!