Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seller Profile: Bonny from BonnyJewelry

Hi there! My name is Bonny.

I joined NEST (New England Street Team) to connect with all of the New Englanders who love to craft as much as I do!
I'm definitely a New Englander at heart - I was born and raised on the Maine coast near the Canadian border but now live in Manchester NH with my hubby and collie.



I found Etsy by looking around the web for Christmas ideas and stumbled across some items that belonged to other Etsy shops. After checking into it a bit more, I decided to open my own shop for my jewelry business (I sell beautiful and affordable handmade beaded jewelry items). I got hooked on making jewelry when I visited a small bead store in Maine and made my first necklace - I love the creativity and "instant" gratification of being able to wear something that I made with my own two little hands.


My jewelry is inspired by lots of different things - color combinations that I like, my flower garden, the beach - I'm always trying new ideas. Many of my items are also sold at craft shows - it's a great way to test the market to see if your items are liked, helps with pricing, and gets your name out there for others to find you online. I highly recommend trying some just to get some feedback on your craft!


Current projects include my new anklet line (all sterling silver on marine quality jewelry wire - you can wear these in the shower and they won't unravel or fray!). Other things I love to do is play in my flower beds, cross stitch and other needlework, and read. My books of choice really depend upon my mood - whether I want to read something "serious" or just relax and enjoy a bubblegum book (nothing substantial - just something to chew). I must admit though, I am looking forward to receiving my copy of the last Harry Potter book!


Getting back to Etsy - the best thing about Etsy? All of the people I've met online who are willing to share their ideas and suggestions and support to someone who is just starting out in the online selling world. Without them, it would have been a much tougher road.

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

thanks so much for the posting! I added a link back to the blog to try to help generate some more traffic - there are so many great artists in the NE area!